Congratulations on Earning a College Board Opportunity Scholarship!
The Opportunity Scholarships program guides you through the college planning process with a chance to earn scholarships along the way. We award nearly $5 million a year to thousands of students.
Every month, we hold drawings to award hundreds of scholarships. You earn an entry for each drawing by completing actions to plan and pay for college, such as practicing for the SAT or completing the FAFSA®.
To officially accept your scholarship, you and your parent/guardian must complete the winner verification form (within 60 days of being notified, per our official rules).
If you graduated high school in 2020 or 2021:
For questions about your paperwork or status of your scholarship, please email Scholarship America at [email protected], or call 507-931-0737.
In the spring of your senior year of high school, you’ll receive instructions to indicate the college or university where you plan to enroll in the fall. The scholarship award will be sent directly to that institution prior to your first semester of college.
All scholarships, except for the $40,000 Complete Your Journey award, are one-time awards intended for your first semester of college. Students who earn the $40,000 Complete Your Journey award can request disbursement in installments based on individual need (e.g., $10,000 per academic year). You can defer the scholarship for up to one year or three years if enlisted in the military.
If you will graduate high school in 2022:
Check your email.
- All winners will receive instructions and login credentials from IDOC, College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service.
- Look for an email from [email protected] with your CBFinAid ID (required for login). Check your junk or spam folder if you can’t find it.
Log in to IDOC.
- You will need to enter the following criteria to log in:
- Academic year: Current winners should select 2021-22.
- Your CBFinAid ID: (from the email you receive from IDOC)
- Your birthdate (mm/dd/yyyy).
- Your Social Security number is NOT REQUIRED to log in.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions, and click Sign-in. Update your Family Information.
Update your Family Information.
- You will be asked to update the email addresses for you and your parent/guardian.
- You will need to check this email for a link to complete your paperwork.
Review and complete the Required Documents on your dashboard.
- You will receive an email from DocuSign with a link to complete your paperwork.
- After you sign, your parent/guardian will receive an email from DocuSign with a link to the form they should sign.
- You’ll need to share your CBFinAid ID with your parent/guardian to access the paperwork in DocuSign. They won’t need to log into IDOC.
- Once your paperwork has been processed in IDOC, no additional action is required.
You need to share the CBFinAid ID with your parent/guardian from the email instructions you receive. Your parent/guardian will not be able to access the paperwork without it.
Need help? Contact us!
If you cannot locate your CBFinAid ID or need assistance with the process, please review the FAQs.
You can also call our customer service team at: 844-298-3554 or email us at [email protected]
It was so easy to sign up for the scholarship that I didn’t even realize I won until I got a text message from the College Board. The process of signing up was streamlined and most of the requirements were things I was going to do as I applied to colleges anyways, so I encourage everyone to apply.
—Anthea from New York, College Board Opportunity Scholarship Winner (Practice for the SAT)