Updated: November 3, 2017
The College Board has notified higher education institutions that fall testing has been disrupted due to the hurricanes and Northern California wildfires. Students should contact individual colleges about flexibility on admissions timetables, particularly early decision/early action deadlines. Students can also share their financial situation in the special circumstances section on their CSS Profile application.
Free December SAT Registration for Wildfire-Impacted Students
The College Board is offering a free December SAT registration to California students affected by the wildfires in FEMA-designated counties. We know this is a challenging time and hope this measure helps students who are struggling. Please scroll down for the list of FEMA counties.
- Students should register for the December SAT and then call Customer Service at 866-756-7346 by November 21 to receive a refund. The paper registration deadline is November 14.
- In any severe hardship case, CSS Profile will provide assistance to families affected by the California wildfires in need upon request with Customer Service (844-202-0524).
We hope this eases some worry so students’ college-going plans are minimally disrupted. Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the wildfires.
California FEMA-Designated Counties
Butte, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, Nevada, Orange, Sonoma, Yuba
Free SAT Registration and CSS Profile Fee Waiver for Hurricane Maria−Impacted Students
The College Board is offering a free November or December SAT registration and CSS Profile™ fee waiver to all students in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. We know this is a difficult time and hope this measure helps students struggling as a result of the storms.
- Students should register for the November SAT (by October 25 online, by October 17 mailed) or December SAT (by November 21 online, by November 14 mailed) and then call Customer Service at 866-756-7346 to receive a refund.
- For the CSS Profile fee waiver, go to cssprofile.org and complete the application. The system automatically applies eligibility rules. Call CSS Profile Customer Service at 844-202-0524.
We hope this eases some worry so students’ college-going plans proceed as smoothly as possible. Know our thoughts are with everyone affected by the hurricanes.
Free November SAT Registration and CSS Profile Fee Waiver for Hurricane Irma−Impacted Students
To help students and families affected by Hurricane Irma, the College Board is offering free November SAT registration and a CSS Profile fee waiver.
We understand this is a difficult time for students and hope college-going plans are minimally affected during recovery efforts.
The free November SAT registration and CSS Profile fee waiver are for students experiencing hardship and/or displacement due to the hurricane and are in a FEMA-designated area. Scroll down for the list of FEMA counties.
- Students registered for the November SAT should call Customer Service to receive a refund of their registration and late fee. They can register and contact Customer Service through October 25. Call Customer Service at 866-756-7346.
- For the CSS Profile fee waiver, students should go to cssprofile.org, and complete their application. The system automatically applies eligibility rules. Call CSS Profile Customer Service at 844-202-0524.